Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Peoria's Lead Pipe Locks


The Pliers have SPOKEN!

Throughout the year, I will be posting my general picks as well as my "lead pipe locks" every week. Not that I condone betting on College Football. But everyone does it. Kind of like Cocaine and Anal Sex.

Without any further ado, here are my Week 1 Picks. My picks are in BOLD and the Home Team is in CAPS. All lines are taken from Covers.com. As of right now, there are no real O/U lines posted so I will save those for another day.

WISCONSIN by 14 vs. Washington St. This should be a BlOwOuT...Wisconsin is very good this year, especially on the O-Line/RB front, and WSU has no D-Line to speak of. Washington St. will score some points, but not nearly as much as P.J. Hill and Company. I bet Wisco has 300 yards rushing before the end of the day.

MINNESOTA by 16 vs. Bowling Green. The start of the Tim Brewster era will end in a blow out of the lowly Bowling Greeners.

Purdue by 7 at TOLEDO. See a theme here? So what, I like the Big Ten. Purdue is going to be better than most people think.

Georgia Tech getting 3 at NOTRE DAME. Wow. This is my pick of the week. Here is the tale of the tape as I see it: Claussens first start at ND, huge expectations, inexperience at the OL, QB controversy, a weakened defense - ND. Gone is Reggie Ball, new QB was great in Bowl Game, Gone is Calvin Johnson, Strong OL, Strong DL, 9th ranked pass defense in nation, senior LBs all over, 17 of 22 starters from harrowing bowl game loss to a very strong WVU team. GT wins this by two touchdowns; if TD Jesus wasn't presiding over the matter, GT wins by at least three TDs. AND THEY ARE GETTING 3 POINTS!! LPL

Navy by 21 at TEMPLE. This is a pure parlay filler...I have no clue about this game, but Navy isn't bad and Temple is awful.

Kent State getting 4 at IOWA STATE. The best team in the MAC against the worst team in the Big 12. ISU lost 4 starters on the OL. They return a good QB but nobody else on Offense. Kent's got a mobile quarterback with experience and a chip on their shoulder from a late season meltdown last year. Go Golden Flashes! I smell upset in Ames...

Louisiana State by 17 at MISSISSIPPI ST. I know, I know, Ol' Sly Croom's squad is getting better. But so is Les Miles' team. The last four times they have played the scores looked like this - 48-17, 37-7, 51-0, 41-6. Seriously, how many points are the Dawgs gonna score on LSU? 6? 12? I like LSU to cover this spread. LPL







Bo Pellini And Co. will Wreck Mr. Crooms Party

1 comment:

Scoops McCracken said...

Great lead pipe locks in week 1. Georgia Tech rolled and LSU piss slapped Mississippi State. Also, great upset call on Kent State.