Thursday, November 13, 2008

Peoria's Picks - 11/13

Ugh. 0-6 last week. Ugh. That's all I can say. I feel more downtrodden than Donald Rumsfeld at a peace conference. The scary thing is that none of my picks were even close. What a joke. Well, in honor of the GOP Governor's meeting in Miami this week, I'm gonna pick myself up off the tarmac and get back to work. Hopefully Sarah Palin or T-Paw can offer me a ray of hope this week and channel some of their undying positivity into my picks. I won't hold my breath.

Northwestern getting 4 at MICHIGAN. Yeah, so the Michigan defense looked decent last week, but I chalk that up to the Gophers loss of Decker and their amazing inability to adapt. I like NU's defense a lot, and Michigan's offense is still horrible, regardless of what they did against the Gophers. Northwestern sends the Wolverines packing, plus this is always a great trap game since Ohio State is looming on the horizon. Wildcats 21, Wolverines 17.

Georgia by 8.5 at AUBURN. Auburn's program is dying right before their eyes, and Georgia has shown that they are very good at blowing out mediocre opponents, even on the road. Frankly, I don't think this game is going to be close. I love watching Richt's squad this year since it is like looking into the next three years of the 1st round of the NFL draft - Stafford, Moreno, and A.J. Greene, who I still contend is better than Julio Jones. Anyway, UGA wins a landslide. Bulldogs 41, De-Clawed Tigers 17.

FLORIDA by 21 vs South Carolina. Florida is on an absolute rampage right now and I don't think they are going to be stopped. I'm slowly turning into a Tebow fan, and lord knows that Chris Smelley is still...well...Chris Smelley. The Gamecocks might have a fine defense, but let's not forget that the Gators hung 49 on Georgia and 51 on LSU. This is a HUGE spread for an SEC game not involving Vandy or Kentucky, but I like it. Gators 49, Gamecocks 17.

Minnesota getting 14 at WISCONSIN. I think Wisconsin wins this game, but by two TD's? Really? Sure they blew out Indiana, but who cares? They are INDIANA! Wisconsin still doesn't have a viable QB, and Travis Beckum is out for the season, which offsets the Gophers loss of Decker. I like the Gophers to bounce back on the merits of Mike Dunbar's game planning. Also, this is one of the fiercest rivalries in all of college sports...these games are usually not blowouts. The Gophers should be able to keep this one close. BADgers 31, Gophers 28.

Texas by 13 at KANSAS. Mangino's squad was exposed last week and they lost to a very mediocre Nebraska team. Thanks for the donk, asspipes, I had money on you guys. Anyhoo, I think Texas realizes that to get back in the mix they are going to have to hang lots of points on everyone from here on out. Quan Cosby is still my favorite receiver, and I think Reesing is going to take an absolute beating by the hogs on the UT defensive line. Texas 49, Kansas 21.

The OVER at 51.5 on the Nevada/San Jose St. game. I love the Pistol offense, and I need a random pick. Tah-Dahh! Mind you, I have not seen San Jose St. play a football game since I was watching my dorm-mate play as them during my freshman year of college...but I like their mascot and I like the fact that Nevada should score at least 42 points. Nevada 48, San Jose St. 21.

Uconn by 10 at SYRACUSE. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! Syracuse sucks. That's all I can say. This line seems too good to be true, so I am hoping that I am not about to step into another Akbar Trap, but screw it. I was 0-6 last week, there is only one way to go - up! Huskies 35, Orangemen 14.

The UNDER at 46 on the North Carolina/MARYLAND game. I had to pick one Under. This is it. UNC 21, Maryland 17.

No comments: