Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pliers' Picks - 11/20/08 - Week 13

Well Huzzah Huzzah! I actually made some decent picks last week, so I'm hoping to ride that momentum like street luge competitor in San Francisco. This week is a big Rivalry Week, so I'll keep my editorializing to a minimum since we should have a spirited Throwdown today. My picks follow.

Last Week - 7-1
YTD - 43-47-1

VANDY by 3 vs. Tenneseee. Balloo is outski, and Vandy is fighting for better bowl position. Who would have thunk that these two programs would be moving in such different directions? In your face, Knoxville. Vandy 31, Vols 17.

Washington by 7 at WASHINGTON ST. This game should be called the Applesauce Cup, considering how ground up these two rosters are. Stat of the week - Wazzu's top QB so far this year: Lopina, Kevin. 118 Att, 68 Comp, 57% Comp, 11 INT, ZERO TD. Wow. I am betting that Ty gets his final win as a Husky AND covers the spread, just to stick it to the clowns in Pullman. Huskies 31, Wazzou 10.

LSU by 3 vs. Mississippi. Am I reading this right? Sure, Mississippi did knock off the Gators a few months ago, but LSU is a top 15 team. They win big. Clearly. Tigers 35, Rebels 14.

Michigan State getting 14.5 at PENN STATE. Everyone knows I love Joe Pa, their offense, and their attitude. But Javon Ringer is awesome, and Penn State lost a LOT of swagger against Iowa. Michigan State is an insidiously good team, and they oughta keep this one real close. No upset special since the game is in Happy Valley though. Spartans 24, Nittany Lions 31.

MINNESOTA getting 6 vs. Iowa. Total gomer pick here, and to be honest, I can't really lose. I like Ferentz and I want to see Shonn Green get more Heisman pub, and if they win this game that can't hurt his chances. However, it would be nice to have ONE of the trophies here in Minneapolis over the winter, and I really feel like Floyd could use a more cosmopolitan abode instead of the sty he is forced to deal with in Iowa City. Either way, the reality is that neither of these two teams are terribly good...Iowa won't blow anyone away, and Minnesota's offense has been stuck in neutral. This should be a PICKEM choice if you ask me, so I'm taking the points. Minnesota 24, Iowa 23.

NORTHWESTERN getting 3 vs Illinois. The Zooker still couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag, and P-Fitz has his guys clicking again after a big win against Mighty Mighty Michigan. I really think Northwestern is a good, disciplined team...and considering Juice was benched last week for a while, I like NU in this game, especially at home. Wildcats 34, Juicers 24.

The OVER at 63 on the Boise St./NEVADA game. Boise has been running over people like a dump truck driven by Earl Campbell lately, and Nevada can score at will. The final score of this game last year? 67-69. Yeah. I love the OVER.

Texas Tech getting 7 at OKLAHOMA. I hate this pick, but I have to take a stand here since I refuse to pick OSU/Michigan. This might be the most fun game to watch in recent history...I can't wait. Now I just have to hope that Crabtree and Co. can pull one out in Norman. COME ON BISCUITS...err...RED RAIDERS! Tech 49, Sooners 38.

No comments: