Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SCOOPS' WEEKLY PICKS: NO LONGER AWARD WINNING!

Last Week: 3-6
Overall: 27-31-1
Win/Loss: - $39.66

SCOOPS’ MORAL DILEMMA: BETTER TO HAVE FINANCIAL GAIN OR GOOD REPUTATION?

The following dilemma sums up my gambling week. I made 9 predictions and only was correct on 3 of them. However, of the 3 wagers, 2 of them were real money teaser wagers whereas my losses were simply mythical wagers. That begs the question of is it better for me to have a good reputation regarding predictions or to enhance my financial security?

So I’m going to try to put my money where my mouth is. Next week, I’m going to make a wager on EVERY SINGLE GAME I PREDICT. I say next week because I already made some parlay & teaser wagers before I took a look at the Big Ten games head to head, so I’ll start fresh with it next week. A bit more thought will be put into the game.

Onto my weekly picks:

Minnesota (+16.5) over PENN STATE: Forget my loyalty to the Gophers & what I want or hope for. I’m going straight stats here on this bitch. And the stats are these: Penn State is 1-4 against the spread & Minnesota is sporting an over .500 mark at 3-2-1. I’m not sold on Penn State as a legit club and one that has the ability to knock Minnesota out of the park. Penn State wins, but Minnesota covers.
SCOOPS’ PICK: PENN STATE 31, MINNESOTA 20

Iowa (+120) over WISCONSIN: Interesting matchup that may prove big in the conference race & set up a potential Ohio State vs. Iowa title showdown. First off, Iowa must get by the Badgers in Madtown. Michigan had some success against Iowa’s defense, but the spread is a bit different than the power game that the Badgers play & Iowa is built to stop. In a close game, I’m going money line to take advantage of the dollars.
FINAL SCORE: IOWA 34, WISCONSIN 30

Ohio State (-13) over PURDUE: I watched this Purdue team first hand. They make some plays, but self destruct like nothing I’ve ever seen. And they can’t stop the run, which plays into Tressel’s hands. Lay the points bitches & Buckeye up.
FINAL SCORE: OHIO STATE 38, PURDUE 17

Illinois (-2) over INDIANA: How many more weeks can I keep trying to ride the Zooker? This may be Illinois’ last chance for a conference win before a total program meltdown. I like them to get it done. Illinois has owned Indiana the past few years and I like the trend to continue.
FINAL SCORE: ILLINOIS 30, INDIANA 24

Northwestern (+13.5) over MICHIGAN STATE: MSU is getting a little better each & every week, but I think 13.5 is too many points against a team that can move the ball & score.
FINAL SCORE: MICHIGAN STATE 30, NORTHWESTERN 27

MICHIGAN (NL over Delaware State: No line & no interest.

Oklahoma (+3.5) over Texas @ Dallas: Tradition is cool. So is Sam Bradford chucking the ball around the field. I thin Texas has been sleepwalking a bit. Looking ahead to the Sooners? Perhaps. But I think Oklahoma can keep it within the points.
FINAL SCORE: TEXAS 37, OKLAHOMA 34

[**] Ohio State/Air Force/USC 10 pt. teaser: Ohio State gets knocked down to 3.5, which I like. Also like Air Force in the pick versus Wyoming along with USC being a pick at Notre Dame. [$12 wager to win 10]

[**] Iowa/Minnesota 6.5 teaser: Continuing my Floyd of Rosedale tease from 3 weeks ago when I cashed in & will try it again with Iowa knocked down to +8.5 & Minnesota at +22.5. [3.96 wager to win 3.60]

[**] Cincinnati (-3.5) /Illinois (-2) 2 team Parlay: Trying a new wager & riding the arm of Tony Pike against South Florida & Illinois to get it done like said above. [$2 wager to win $5.29]

[**] Ohio State/Penn State/Alabama/Florida 4-team Money Line Parlay: Trying a new wager this weekend with my money line parlay. Pretty much took the following 4 teams on the money line to win, with all 4 being heavy favorites. [$2.00 wager to win $1.07]

No comments: