Friday, September 7, 2007

Week 2. Ahhh yes, we can start to settle into the season now. My picks went 5-2 last week, and if I hadnt made an emotional choice (Minnesota and the Brew-Dogs) and a random choice (The Midshipmen...nguh), I would have been 5-0. Fuck it, dude. Here is week 2...

BOISE ST. by 2.5 at WASHINGTON Boise has most of their secondary coming back and Washington is a pass-first team with their new QB, who is a Stud. I still see a Boise win here...short trip to Seattle, and that stadium isn't what it used to be. LPL

Missouri by 6 at MISSISSIPPI. Chase Daniel is the real deal, and Ole Miss just isn't that good. They lost their best LB of all time last year and that hurts, especially against a Pinkel offense (yeah, I just said Pinkel...sue me).

The OVER on the Missiou/Ole Miss game at 54. Not a lot of defense with those teams right now. This is a good pick. LPL

The OVER on the Penn. St/Notre Dame game at 43.5. This seems like easy pickins. Anthony Morelli and co. are good for at least thirty on ChuckWheat's peaked Defense, and Jimmy Classen gets the whole week to prepare? I like UND to score at least two TDs, this should be an Over.

The UNDER at 50 on the Southern Miss/Tennessee game. Southern Miss returns 9 starters from the #1 scoring defense last year, and Tennessee has a good mix of a little offensive ineptitude and classic SEC defensive atheleticism. I like the Under. If this game wasn't at Neyland Stadium I would take Southern Miss to cover...they are 13.5 point dogs at one site.

OKLAHOMA by 10.5 at home vs. Miami (FL). Randy Shannon doesn't know what he is getting into here. That Oklahoma team that lost to Boise in the Fiesta Bowl last year was young and talented. They didn't lose anyone of consequence (well, I guess Adrian Peterson was of consequence, and so was Paul Thompson...but hey, the new QB had a 14.9 Yards per attempt day last week...even against a shitty opponent that's pretty darn good). They are going to THROTTLE Miami. Kirby Freeman? Are you serious? The Sooners bring back most of their dominating O-Line, and Miami's best player (unsurprisingly) is a Free Safety. That doesn't bode well for the Canes. Welcome to the Norman Jungle. Sooners win by 20. LPL

COLORADO ST. to cover 14.5 at home vs. Cal. This is my "out on a limb" pick of the week. I might put money on this, but my gut feeling is that Cal is pretty damn good but this is a total letdown game for them. They built up Tennesse for the last, oh, I don't know, SEVEN MONTHS. Think Inigo Montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die. Now what? Colorado St. hung in there for four quarters and beat Colorado in OT last week. It is tough to go into Colorado State and win, and they clearly have more talent than they have had in the past. Watch out Tedford, this could ruin your entire season. OK, so they wont lose. But 14.5 points? I think I like the Rams here.

No comments: