Thursday, September 13, 2007

Week Three - Time for Blastoff...

After a stellar week 1, I stumbled a little out of the gate with my week two picks. I didn't have a losing record, but 4-3 isn't what I have come to expect out of myself (if ND had made one out of two catches in the endzone last week I would have been 5-2, but that is a different story. I hate Chuck Wheat). This week will be different. Peoria will not be denied. Here's how I like 'em.

TCU by 7.5 at Air Force. Impressive that A.F. went into Ogden and beat the Utes last week, but TCU's defense is a completely different animal than the broken legacy of bygone days at Utah with Urban Meyer and Alex Smith's ghost parading around campus. TCU wins this one big, and Air Force musters MAYBE 14 points, one score which will come on special teams. I'd take the under here if it wasnt 42!!!!!!!!!

Arkansas getting 3 points at ALABAMA. Are you serious? Nick Saban is a difference maker, for sure, but being favored against Arkansas? Who made this line, Gene Stallings' grandson? I know Tuscaloosa can be a tough place to play, but DMac is the best player in college football and Alabama doesnt have any Freddie Roaches or DeMeco Ryans flying around that side of the ball. Arkansas wins by 10, at least. LPL

Ohio St. by 4 at WASHINGTON. Jake Locker? Great player. Going to be a top 10 draft pick from what I understand. Boise State? Good win, Mr. Willingham. Really, way to beat up on the WAC darling. Ohio State? They have what is called "A Defense." Sure, they probably are not going to score too many points, but in the past two games they have allowed a Safety and two FG's. That's 8 points. I'm not saying Akron is exactly a juggernaut, but intrastate rivalries are always tenuous and the Buckeyes kept them off the board (offensively anyway) for the entire game. Locker is in for a whole new world of pressure and coverage. Ohio State wins going away, and Tyrone is going to have to lick his wounds and prepare for the arduous Pac-10 schedule.

The OVER on the Purdue/Central Michigan game at 66. Purdue has lots of fireworks to play with, and it seems like large conference teams usually score lots of points against MAC schools...but I think Central Michigan might score a few themselves with that spread offense they run. This would be a fun game to watch...if only I had the Big Ten Network.......

Pittsburgh to cover 11.5 at MICHIGAN STATE. Call me crazy, but I still do not think that Michigan State is that good. They are at home, which means that they will win this game, but not going away. I like Pitts toughness and they run a really physical style of offense...Michigan State has yet to be punched in the mouth. If they are anything like the last 6 years of Michigan State teams, one smack in the lips will be enough for them to crumble like overcooked toaster strudel. LPL

VANDERBILT by 5 at home vs. Ole Miss. If you ask me, Ole Miss is in trouble...they have a failing program that is going to be at the bottom of the SEC for a while. They hung in tough against Missouri for a while and squeaked past a weak Memphis team in week 1. Vandy, fresh off a tough loss against Alabama should be hungry to show their fans how much they want it at home. Go Commodores!

GEORGIA TECH by 6.5 at home vs. Boston College. I usually never bet on BC games...they are to me what alcohol was to Bing Crosby...bad news. However, this week seems like a perfect setup. A great defense at home against an overrated QB in Mr. Ryan. Georgia Tech has one of the best defenses in the country. BC just blew their load beating a weaker NC State team coached by their newly found archenemy. Huge letdown game for BC, and I believe Ga. Tech is VERY good, especially on Defense. Watch out Mr. Ryan, the Yellow Jackets are comin'.

I cant wait for Saturday....

No comments: