Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pliers Picks - Week 10 - 10/29

Three weeks in a row of going 3-5 has put my confidence level somewhere between "Vince Young taking the ACT" and "Zac Effron having to do a scene where he kisses a girl". That is not a good range. Hopefully this Gopher Homecoming weekend can provide a ray of hope to me finishing the season strong. By the way, for all of the jerkoffs in the local media who played turd in the punchbowl about Tim Brewster...eff you. I haven't exactly been a driver of his bandwagon, but I've always thought that the biggest thing they needed was a recruiter, and now you see the results. I stil think they are going to lose a game they shouldn't, which brings me to...

Northwestern getting 7 at MINNESOTA. This pick pains me, but I really think that the Gophs are living and dying by the opprotunistic turnover at the right time, and that has to catch up to them eventually. I think the Gophs should score more points in the dome than they did outside at West Lafayette, but I am going to have to go with the upset special here. Wildcats 31, Gophers 28.

Pittsburgh getting 5.5 at NOTRE DAME. The Beano Cook wetdream pick of the week! Since I've been wrong EVERY TIME when picking against Catholic schools...I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on. I love Pitts running game, and while I am afraid of the UND passing attack these days, the reality is that Notre Dame has beaten NOBODY of consequence. Washington, Stanford, Purdue, Michigan, and San Diego State are not exactly "quality wins". Pitt 34, Notre Dame 28.

GEORGIA getting 6 vs. Florida. I think I've been wrong on every Florida pick this year, too. Eff it, I'm picking Georgia. Their defense is coming into form and they are finally figuring out that chucking the ball to A.J. Green is almost always a good idea. Let's just hope that Richt doesn't go Mike Tice on us and start creating an "A.J. Ratio." Oh yeah, and I like the fact that Florida blew Kentucky out last week...it should hurt their motivation, and UGA has lot's of confidence after pushing Florida out of the BCS race last year. Georgia 24, Florida 21.

SOUTH CAROLINA by 6 vs. Tennessee. Did anyone see the Tennessee QB performance last week against Alabama? Their QB situation is more of an abomonation than Ann Coulter being impregnated by Keith Olbermann. All I have to say is this: when Chris Smelley is the best quarterback on the field, the opposing team is in TROUBLE. 'Cocks 28, Vols 10.

TEXAS TECH getting 5 vs. Texas. YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!! I'm taking the Mad Bomber for the first time in my life for one reason and one reason only - Michael Crabtree. That guy is a FORCE, and I think he will be a diffrence-maker. I don't think Texas is stopping the Red Raiders in Lubbock, especially in perfect weather. Hopefully the Techies can channel a little bit of Zach Thomas this weekend and knock off the Mack Brown All-Stars for the first time since 2002. Red Raiders 52, Texas 42.

IOWA getting 3 at ILLINOIS. Ron Zook as a field general is a little like Alberto Gonzales as the Attorney General. Everyone knows he is unfit for the job, but nobody can really do anything about it. Add that predicament to the fact that Ferentz is the next Joe Paterno when it comes to playing team football AND that the Iowa RB is making a Heisman push, and I think it equals an upset win at Champaign. Who would have thought that the Illini would end up having a sub .500 record in the Big Ten before the season started? Iowa 24, Illinois 17.

Colorado getting 4 at TEXAS A&M. A rare Big XII pillowfight. I like Hawkins a helluva lot more than Mike Fricken Sherman. I know the Buffs got blown out last week, but that was Missouri. This is a totally different animal, and Colorado is fighting for a bowl spot. Did I mention A&M SUCKS? Yeah, I did. I think I do every week. Colorado 28, A&M 21.

MICHIGAN STATE by 4.5 vs Wisconsin. It sure is fun to pick agains the BADgers. A-holes. I think that Javon "The Wringer" Ringer is going to run roughshod over that BADger defense. If I were Bret Bielma, I might start worrying about my job...oh yeah, thats right, you are Barry Alvarez's love-child. No worries for Bret, I guess. Spartans 31, BADgers 14.

Last Week - 3-5
YTD - 30-35-1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of beating "nobody" you may want to double check the gophs "cream puff" schedule. My boys will continue your fall into handicappers oblivion.

Hope to see you in Nashville, Detroit or El Paso.

God Bless and have fun with the other 25,000 people in Gopher Township at the Metrodome on Saturday!