Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A ONE MAN OPERATION

To quote the diva Celine Dion, Scoops is "All By Myself."

Where is Pliers? Is he participating in an oil drilling protest near Barrow? Is he currently at the residence owned by a 6'2", 240 lb. brunette named Helga? Is he snapping the G-string of a pool side cruise guest named Chase?

I suppose it's not out of the question for me to carry the load for the week leading up to Week 1 of the college football season. However, it's rather difficult to have a Throwdown chat with yourself. Main reason is that I think I'd outsmart myself and throw myself into a box. But I pose the following questions to the readers:
-Why do teams not go for it on 4th down more often?
-Why do teams not go for the 2-point conversion more often?

Scoops's Week 1 picks will be posted later today....until then.....GOOD DAY!

2 comments:

Marion Barry said...

I have every confidence in the world that Pliers will rise again!!!

Peoria "Pliers" Peterson said...

Dear Scoops,

Thanks for "Carrying The Load" this week. Thankfully, you did more load carrying than I did. What a relief.

Also, the strippers in Victoria, BC send their love. One of them even broke the black light above the stage with one of her knee-high boots. Yes. With one of her boots. Above the stage.

My picks are up...we will see who has the bigger "load capacity" this weekend; between the Michigan/W Michigan and Oregon/Boise picks, we are very much at odds. Don't worry...after 7 days on a cruise ship full of sailors I've learned that good things always find their way to those who wait...in their stateroom...with a bottle of Jameson and a bunch of DVD's...and the door locked.

Welcome to the season!!